Why choose to earn your degree completion with Southwestern Christian University?
Our unique online program allows you to receive the same quality education as on-campus students do with the flexibility of completing your program when and where it works for you. You can choose to earn your degree in our Business, Management, Social Services or Christian Leadership concentrations without interruption to your current career or family obligations. Our Professional Studies online degree completion programs were designed specifically with busy adults like you in mind.
Here's why students choose our Professional Studies degree completion programs:
- It's flexible – You work on the program when and where it works for you. No need to sacrifice responsibilities to your current job or family!
- It's convenient – If you have a computer and your materials, you can work on the program no matter where you are.
- No commute – With an online program, there's no wasted time or money commuting to campus!
- Set your pace – Because you log in to your online courses, you can take your time to understand each concept before moving on to a new lesson.
- Christ-centered education – You can have the same quality, faith-based education as our on-campus students.
Southwestern Christian University's Mission
Southwestern Christian University is a Christ-centered liberal arts institution equipping students for a life of learning, leadership, and service; integrating faith, learning, and living; and empowering graduates to excel and to positively impact their world for Jesus Christ.
Southwestern Christian University's Motto
Scholarship • Spirit • Service
Southwestern Christian University's Core Values
Scholarship at Southwestern Christian University is pursued from the perspective of a Biblical-Christian worldview. The integration of faith, learning and living is central to every academic discipline and is led by dedicated faculty members who are committed to academic excellence, the elevation of critical thinking skills, and personal, spiritual and intellectual growth. SCU is committed to:
- Holistic Christ-centered academic excellence
- Embracing change, diversity & emerging technologies to ensure relevance & the establishment of strategic & collaborative partnerships
- Research & inquiry in an assessment & data-driven academic culture
- Being an organization centered on lifelong learning, social skills & servant leadership development
Southwestern Christian University is dedicated to cultivating a Spirit-led environment where students grow in their spiritual relationship with God & their interpersonal relationship with others. SCU is committed to:
- Building a Christ-centered community
- Honoring our Pentecostal Holiness heritage
- Respecting diversity & various Christian backgrounds
- A campus culture where His Spirit & school spirit are prevalent & powerful
Southwestern Christian University is focused on serving both Christ and others. Through the development of servant-leadership SCU empowers graduates for a life of learning, leadership and global impact. SCU is committed to:
- Developing & modeling servant leadership
- Fostering an environment of relevant social- & self-awareness;
- Ethics, respect, & integrity
- Instilling the value of stewardship in all aspects of life
Southwestern Christian University is a private, four-year Christian university located on a beautifully wooded campus in the Bethany area of metropolitan Oklahoma City. Students enjoy all of the benefits the Oklahoma City metro area has to offer while nestled safe in the quiet and friendly suburban community of Bethany, Oklahoma.
SCU was established in 1946 by the International Pentecostal Holiness Church as Southwestern Bible College. In the 1960's, the student population increased and as various junior college programs were developed, the institution received accreditation from the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education. In 1973, the junior college received accreditation from the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and was approved as a four-year baccalaureate-level, degree-granting college in the field of religion in 1979. In the Fall of 1981, SCU transitioned into Southwestern College of Christian Ministries, selling the old campus once located on 4700 NW 10th and opening its doors at its present location in Bethany. The name of the institution was changed to Southwestern Christian University in 2001 and continues to expand curriculum offerings each year.
Accreditation and Affiliation
- Higher Learning Commission
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education